POP QUIZ: 1984 NAME THAT TUNE (answers)
Apparently if I want a wildly successful website, I should feature ’80s music trivia all the time. By far the biggest response I’ve had, bringing people out of the woodwork who have never responded before. Nice to see you! Stay a while!
Congrats to Rob A & Kirk T, first-timers who both submitted perfect responses.
The clips are still online here, if you want to hear them again.
1) PRINCE – WHEN DOVES CRY
2) KENNY LOGGINS – FOOTLOOSE
3) LIONEL RICHIE – ALL NIGHT LONG
4) YES- OWNER OF A LONELY HEART
5) THE ROMANTICS – TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP
6) DAN HARTMAN – I CAN DREAM ABOUT YOU
7) JOHN WAITE – MISSING YOU
8) RAY PARKER JR – GHOSTBUSTERS
9) PHIL COLLINS – AGAINST ALL ODDS
10) ZZ TOP – LEGS
I mean it about 1984 being THE year for eighties music. In the Billboard Hot 100 for that year, “Magic” by the Cars is #97. That song was MONSTER, and there were 97 bigger hits in 1984.
It’s almost as good a year as 1973.