POP QUIZ: A CAPITAL IDEA
(If you’re checking out a Trivialitycheck.com ‘Pop Quiz’ for the first time: Every Wednesday (or most, anyway) I post ten trivia questions, usually on some kind of theme. If you respond with answers or guesses, I’ll tell you your score. Send your answers to email@example.com with the title of this post as the subject line. The full set of answers is posted the following week, along with congratulations to the high scorer(s). No googling!)
I wish I could afford to travel more. I would alternate between going places I’d never been, and returning to places I knew I liked. I’d jet to Hawaii, and London, and Tokyo and …everywhere. My budget is kind of tight though. My last big adventure was a road trip to Elkader, Iowa. It was really nice, actually.
Have you been to any of these places? Tell me all about it, I’m jealous.
Which world capital would you be in if you …
1) …visited Fort San Cristobal, the largest fortification built by the Spanish in the New World, finished in 1783?
2) …passed through the Písek Gate on your way to the Franz Kafka Museum?
3) …went to buildings known as The Shard, The Gherkin, and One Canada Square?
4) …ate at your choice of twelve restaurants which all had three-star ratings from Michelin, including ‘L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon’, ‘Quintessence’, and ‘Sushi Saito’?
5) …sat and watched the Ciliwing river flow out through the bay and into the Java Sea?
6) …perused the Rijksmuseum, and viewed Rembrandts’s “The Night Watch’?
7) …heard the ‘Time Bell’, or Zytglogge, the 15th century Astrological clock in the centre of town, and watched the elaborate system of mechanical puppets which are part of the clock’s workings?
8) …strolled through the Monsanto forest Park (Florestal de Monsanto) or along the banks of the Tagus river?
9) …listened to local radio stations ‘Dobrye Pesni (Good Songs)’, ‘Svoboda (Radio Freedom)’ or even the ‘Politseiskaya Volna (Police Wave)’?
10) …had a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster at the Zaphod Beeblebrox pub, the original ‘Pub At The End Of The Universe’?