POP QUIZ : BEHIND THE SCENES (answers)
A big congrats to Todd McG and Matt K who both scored like Bo Derek on our movie quiz: Perfect tens! Way to go you buff buffs.
NAME THE FILM, based on the year and description.
1) (1950) Faded actress Nora Desmond relives her glory days and loses her mind, taking hack screenwriter Joe Gillis with her.
2) (1999) A wannabe film director played by Steve Martin hires a no-name actor who is a dead ringer for a major star, and pretends he’s the real deal in order to get his film funded.
3) (2002) Struggling screenwriter Charlie Kaufman despairs of ever completing his current project, while resenting the hell out of his more successful twin brother.
4) (1994) Johnny Depp stars as the titular director, famous for creating some of the worst films in history.
5) (1992) Hollywood exec Griffin Mill accidentally kills a screenwriter, and finds his life coming apart as he tries to ‘save’ a picture in turnaround. Features dozens of cameos by celebrities portraying themselves.
6) (2000) In 1921 F. W. unwittingly hires an actual vampire to portray the lead in his unauthorized adaptation of “Dracula”.
SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE
7) (2008) In order to complete filming his Vietnam war epic, an inexperienced director decides it would be a good idea to drop his pampered actors in the middle of a real jungle filled with drug cartels at war with each other.
8) (1997) Sex, drugs, sex, crime and sex in P.T. Anderson’s look behind the scenes at the adult film industry.
9) (1981) Recording sound effects in a park, audio tech Jack Terry thinks he may have recorded the sound of a gunshot, and therefore a murder.
10) (1995) A Miami loan shark comes to Hollywood to collect on a debt, and finds himself pulled into the back-room dealings of the movie biz.
And a big thanks to those who put up with problems dealing with the interactive quiz. We continue to search for solutions…