POP QUIZ: CAN-CON NAME THAT TUNE (answers)
I hope everyone had as fantastic a Canada Day as I did. The City Of Brampton put on an excellent concert. “Hollerado”, “The Marc Joseph Band” and “Walk Off The Earth” were all great. And the Emcee was top notch… 🙂
And top-notch congratulations go to Tom A, who scored a pitch-perfect 20/20 on the Can-Con quiz. Way to go, Tom!
I’m not going to post all the clips again. The links are on the original Quiz page, here.
1) NICK GILDER – HOT CHILD IN THE CITY
2) K-OS – CRABBUCKIT
3) RED RIDER – LUNATIC FRINGE
4) BRUCE COCKBURN – WONDERING WHERE THE LIONS ARE
5) LIGHTHOUSE – ONE FINE MORNING
6) DAN HILL – SOMETIMES WHEN WE TOUCH
7) BARNEY BENTALL & THE LEGENDARY HEARTS – SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR
8) LOREENA MCKENNITT – THE MUMMER’S DANCE
9) DREAM WARRIORS – MY DEFINITION OF A BOMBASTIC JAZZ STYLE
10) RUSH – LIMELIGHT
With the exception of the Rush track, all of these songs were on the “Oh, What A Feeling” CD box sets that came out in the ’90s. Twelve CDs in total, they are a fun catalogue of the highlights of Canadian Pop. Any collection which includes Ron Sexmith, Moist and Frank Mills has got something for everyone.
More people guessed Sarah McLachlan for # 8 then actually guessed correctly. A little bit of Bill trivia for you: none of my quizzes will ever feature Sarah McLachlan. None. Ever.