POP QUIZ: FEELING FRUITY (answers)
Congratulations to my very fruity friends Tom A and Todd J who tied with 8/10 to be the top scorers this week. Grape work, guys.
1) “Oranges and lemons say… ” what?
THE BELLS OF ST CLEMENT’S
2) “Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not … ” what?
PUTTING IT IN A FRUIT SALAD
3) B1 amd B2, dressed in sleepwear, are the main characters of which ‘fruity’ kids show?
BANANAS IN PYJAMAS
4) Native to northern China and grown commercially in southern Europe, Chile and New Zealand, what is the more common name of the Chinese Gooseberry?
KIWIFRUIT (accept: Kiwi)
5) “Eat A Peach” is the third studio album for what Southern Rock pioneers, released after their wildly successful live album “At The Filmore East”?
THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND
6) Varieties of which fruit include ranier, santina, skeena, sweetheart and bing?
7) Who said, rather discouragingly if you ask me, “If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe”?
8) What clothing manufacturer’s logo features an apple, two kinds of grapes, and currants?
FRUIT OF THE LOOM
9) Which ‘fruity’ Anton Chekov play premièred in 1904 at the Moscow Art Theatre?
THE CHERRY ORCHARD
10) The juice of which fruit was the original principal ingredient in the common bar syrup Grenadine?
Tom & Todd were high scorers in part because they were the only people who correctly answered #5, which leads me to think that a lot of you are woefully mis-edumacated when it comes to southern fried rock’n’roll. Do yourself a favour and check out this: