POP QUIZ: FEELING FRUITY
(If you’re checking out a Trivialitycheck.com ‘Pop Quiz’ for the first time: Every Wednesday (or most, anyway) I post ten trivia questions, usually on some kind of theme. If you respond with answers or guesses, I’ll tell you your score. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of this post as the subject line. The full set of answers is posted the following week, along with congratulations to the high scorer(s). No googling!)
They say you should have at least four servings of fruit each day. Well, here’s ten, so you should be good for the rest of the week, right?
1) “Oranges and lemons say… ” what?
2) “Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not … ” what?
3) B1 amd B2, dressed in sleepwear, are the main characters of which ‘fruity’ kids show?
4) Native to northern China and grown commercially in southern Europe, Chile and New Zealand, what is the more common name of the Chinese Gooseberry?
5) “Eat A Peach” is the third studio album for what Southern Rock pioneers, released after their wildly successful live album “At The Filmore East”?
6) Varieties of which fruit include ranier, santina, skeena, sweetheart and bing?
7) Who said, rather discouragingly if you ask me, “If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe”?
8) What clothing manufacturer’s logo features an apple, two kinds of grapes, and currants?
9) Which ‘fruity’ Anton Chekov play premièred in 1904 at the Moscow Art Theatre?
10) The juice of which fruit was the original principal ingredient in the common bar syrup Grenadine?