POP QUIZ: I’M DYIN’ OVER HERE
(If you’re checking out a Trivialitycheck.com ‘Pop Quiz’ for the first time: Every Wednesday (or most, anyway) I post ten trivia questions, usually on some kind of theme. If you respond with answers or guesses, I’ll tell you your score. Send your answers to email@example.com with the title of this post as the subject line. The full set of answers is posted the following week, along with congratulations to the high scorer(s). No googling!)
A character’s death scene might be the most memorable thing about them. Sonny Corleone at the toll booths, Hans Gruber falling off the Nakatomi tower, that time Wile E. Coyote actually caught and ate the Road Runner…
Literature has it’s share of notable passings, too. Like those in the questions below.
Oh, umm… [SPOILERS], I guess…
1) What famous character dies at the site of his first adventure, Styles Manor, it having been converted to a convalescent home?
2) In Which Charles Dickens novel does a character named Krook die of Spontaneous Human Combustion?
3) In “To Kill A Mockingbird”, what is the name of the falsely convicted man who is shot and killed trying to escape from prison?
4) What classic tough-guy detective story centres around the murder of blackmailer and pornographer Arthur Geiger?
5) What fictional genius died falling down Reichenbach Falls in the story “The Final Problem”?
6) In the novel “Little Women”, the four March sisters are Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy. Which one contracts Scarlet Fever early in life, never fully recovers, and is the only sister to die in the first novel?
7) In which novel set in World War II does Private Robert E. Lee Prewitt stab and kill the abusive Staff Sergeant “Fatso” Judson?
8) When The Mountain That Rides fights the Red Viper Of Dorne, who dies?
9) What is the name of the mad first wife of Edward Rochester, who comitted suicide after setting fire to Thornfield Hall? (Note: I’m not accepting ‘Mrs Rochester’. Nice try.)
10) What’s the last name of Lenny, who asks his friend George to tell him about the rabbits one more time, just before the end?