POP QUIZ: IT’S (FAKE) NEWS TO ME (answers)
Congratulations this week to Tim B and Michel P, who tied for top honours. They get the Buckeye Newshawk award, i joint custody. Congratulations!
Which recent news, real or fake, do you remember?
1) Monopoly producers Parker Brothers recently announced that which old standard token will be replaced with something new, to be decided by an online vote by fans?
2) How did White House (unim)Press(sive) Secretary Sean Spicer mistakenly refer to the Canadian Prime Minister?
3) Restaurant Brands international, which already own Burger King and Tim Horton’s, announced that they intended to purchase which other fast-food chain, in $1.8Billion dollar deal?
4) A meeting between French Presidential candidate Marine Le Pen and Lebanese religious leader Abdellatif Deryan was abruptly canceled when Le Pen refused to do what?
5) Space X launched a rocket to resupply the ISS this week, and had the first stage land safely exactly where it took off, to be refurbished and reused, all from what historical launch facility?
6) Who mistakenly landed his single-engine private plane on a taxi lane earlier this month, narrowly missing collision with a Boeing 737?
7) Patrick Park, a musician and composer who has previously worked as a music teacher, Karate instructor and retail clerk, and who claims to have memorized ‘every word, every note’ of the film “The Sound Of Music”, is reportedly Donald Trump’s pick for what office?
8) A group of NASA scientists has submitted a proposal to the International Astronomical Union, which may result in the reversal of which infamous 2006 decision?
9) What was unusual about the music played at the Grammy’s while the band Megadeth walked ot the stage to accept their “Best Heavy Metal Album” award?
10) City workers in Dighton Massachusetts are mixing what with road salt, saying it “sticks better to roadways, making the salt more effective”?
2) JOE TRUDEAU
3) POPEYE’S LOUISIANA KITCHEN
4) WEAR A HEADSCARF
5) KENNEDY SPACE CENTRE
6) HARRISON FORD
7) AMBASSADOR TO AUSTRIA
8) REVOKIN PLUTO’S STATUS AS A PLANET
9) IT WAS BY METALLICA
Dave Mustaine, who was founding member of Metallica, was kicked out of the band in the early ’80s, and went on to form Megadeth. But when Megadeth went to pick up their Grammy – their first win in twelve nominations – the Grammy house band struck up a rendition of Metallica’s classic “Master Of Puppets”. It wasn’t the only Metallica-related mishap of the night. Singer James Hetfield had a dead microphone for Metallica’s performance with Lady Gaga.
Massachusetts hasn’t always been that fond of molasses. In 1919, a huge storage tank of the stuff on Commercial St in Boston burst, and molasses flooded the surrounding streets. Estimates as to how much molasses there was have gone as high as 2 Million gallons. Twenty-one people were killed and more than a hundred injured. The wave of molasses was 40 foot high, killed horses and other animals along with the people, cracked roads and warped railroad tracks. Supposedly, you could smell molasses in the area for years afterward.