POP QUIZ: LET’S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN (answers)
Big congratulations this week to Todd McG, who sailed to victory with a 9/10. I propose a toast! (Everyone should now throw toast.)
1) What is the first movie mentioned in ‘Science Fiction, Double Feature’?
2) There are two signs in front of the church at the beginning of the film. One shows days and times of services. What does the other sign say?
3) What is written behind the radio tower seen in the background by the pool?
4) What does it say on the back of Eddie’s jacket?
5) In which month does the movie take place?
6) Whose lips are those mouthing ‘Science Fiction, Double Feature’? Note: It’s not the singer.
7) From the wedding scene in the beginning, what is the bride’s name? (hint: it’s in a lyric)
8) How are Riff and Magenta related?
9) After the ‘Time Warp’ Brad asks the Transylvanians if they can do what dance?
10) What slogan is used on the sign promoting the city of Denton?
1) THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
2) BE JUST AND FEAR NOT
3) AN RKO RADIO PICTURE
6) PATRICIA QUINN
7) BETTY HAPSHATT née MONROE
8) BROTHER and SISTER
9) THE MADISON
10) DENTON : THE HOME OF HAPPINESS
There’s some controversy about the month in which the story takes place. As the Narrator, Charles Gray clearly states “that late November evening” near the start of the film. But in the car approaching Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s manor, Brad & Janet are listening to a radio broadcast of Richard Nixon’s resignation speech, which happened in August. I suppose they could’ve been listening to a repeat…
Thanks again to Dee Dee for an excellent quiz! Because of her inside knowledge, Dee Dee didn’t play along on this one, but she did share this excellent tidbit:
“To answer question 6:
While in London (Summer 1994) I went to see The Rocky Horror Show. After the show, was invited to Patricia Quinn’s dressing room. She told me (with her own lips) that those lips are hers and that she was supposed to also sing the song, but that bastard Richard O’Brien took it away from her.”
And just to prove it, here’s the illustrious Dee Dee with the divine Ms Quinn herself.