POP QUIZ: MARRIED TO THE MUSIC (answers)
A Solid Gold record each go to Nicole G and Dee Dee T this week, who both scored perfect 10/10s on this matirmonial musical montage. Well done, both of you!
All the clips are still available here.
1) “CRAZY IN LOVE” by BEYONCE & JAY Z
2) “LET ME GO” by CHAD KROEGER & AVRIL LAVIGNE
3) “SOMETHING IN COMMON” by BOBBY BROWN & WHITNEY HOUSTON
4) “JACKSON” by JOHNNY CASH & JUNE CARTER
5) “YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A STAR (TO BE IN MY SHOW)” by MARILYN MCCOO & BILLY DAVIS JR
6) “IT’S YOUR LOVE” by TIM MCGRAW & FAITH HILL
7) “PROUD MARY” by IKE & TINA TURNER
8) “IN ANOTHER’S EYES” by GARTH BROOKS & TRISHA YEARWOOD
9) “SOLID” by ASHFORD & SIMSPON (Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson)
10) “I GOT YOU BABE” by SONNY & CHER (Salvatore Bono & Cherilyn Sarkisian)
I was very surprised at how many people remembered Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis jr. I thought that might be a stumper. I wouldn’t have known it.
True fact: The Captain of Captain and Tennille was really named Daryl Dragon. He had the real name ‘Dragon’ and opted to use a nickname professionally. What a tragic waste. I wanted to use them in this quiz, but the Captain never sang.
I had also thought to use “Reunited” by Peaches & Herb. I don’t know why I just assumed they were a married couple. In fact, Herb Fame (another great surname wasted) had seven different Peaches throughout his career, and never married any of them.