POP QUIZ: MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU (answers)
First off, thanks once again to Michel P for putting together a quiz for us. In classic Star Wars fashion, allow me to say ‘Live Long And Prosper’.
And congratulations this week go to Craig M and Dee Dee T (again!) for perfect 10/10 scores. They must have used the farce, or whatever you call it. Way to go, you two.
1) What is the city-planet that is the seat of government of a galaxy far, far away?
2) Who voiced Yoda in all his cinematic iterations?
3) In which seedy spaceport town do Luke and Obi-Wan Kenobi meet Han Solo and Chewbacca?
4) What device do Jawas (and others) affix to droids to keep them from running away?
5) What real-world outdoor game is also the name of a language in the Star Wars universe, which C3-PO claims is “like a second language” to him?
6) In the televised Star Wars Christmas special, what actress performs the song “Goodnight But Not Goodbye” as the character Ackmena?
7) In a shocking display of ignorance regarding both grammar and units of measure, Han Solo claimed the Millenium Falcon was “the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than” what?
8) What creatures were found chewing on the Millennial Falcon’s power cables while our Rebel heroes hid inside a large asteroid in “The Empire Strikes Back”?
9) With an inside-joke reference to an earlier film by George Lucas, when our heroes pretended to be Stormtroopers aboard the Death Star with Chewbacca as their ‘prisoner’, from which cell block number did they say Chewie was being transferred?
10) How many suns are in the Tatooine system?
2) FRANK “MISS PIGGY” OZ
3) MOS EISLEY (HOME OF THE EISLEY BROTHERS) – Isley Brothers, Michel, Isley – ed.
4) RESTRAINING BOLTS
6) BEA ARTHUR
7) TWELVE PARSECS
9) 1138 (referencing Lucas’s 1971 Sci-Fi thriller ‘THX-1138’)
Two Christmases ago I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day watching all six Star Wars films in episode order. I was mildly surprised to find that the over-all arc works really well. There are some odd bits, particularly in what Obi-Wan chooses to tell Luke about Darth Vader, but all in all it was a great way to spend a couple of days off. Also, way more fun than actual Christmas.