POP QUIZ: MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU
(If you’re checking out a Trivialitycheck.com ‘Pop Quiz’ for the first time: Every Wednesday (or most, anyway) I post ten trivia questions, usually on some kind of theme. If you respond with answers or guesses, I’ll tell you your score. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of this post as the subject line. The full set of answers is posted the following week, along with congratulations to the high scorer(s). No googling!)
Hooray! It’s Star Wars Day! The only day based on a pun.
Remember Michel, from the diabolically difficult “Third Time’s A Charm” quiz recently? Well, he’s the most avid Star Wars nerd I know, and he and I worked together (at the behest of last week’s high-scorer Dee Dee T) to come up with a last-minute (yes, this happened today, foresight is not my forte) Star Wars quiz.
Do or do not answer these questions. There is no try.
1) What is the city-planet that is the seat of government of a galaxy far, far away?
2) Who voiced Yoda in all his cinematic iterations?
3) In which seedy spaceport town do Luke and Obi-Wan Kenobi meet Han Solo and Chewbacca?
4) What device do Jawas (and others) affix to droids to keep them from running away?
5) What real-world outdoor game is also the name of a language in the Star Wars universe, which C3-PO claims is “like a second language” to him?
6) In the televised Star Wars Christmas special, what actress performs the song “Goodnight But Not Goodbye” as the character Ackmena?
7) In a shocking display of ignorance regarding both grammar and units of measure, Han Solo claimed the Millenium Falcon was “the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than” what?
8) What creatures were found chewing on the Millennial Falcon’s power cables while our Rebel heroes hid inside a large asteroid in “The Empire Strikes Back”?
9) With an inside-joke reference to an earlier film by George Lucas, when our heroes pretended to be Stormtroopers aboard the Death Star with Chewbacca as their ‘prisoner’, from which cell block number did they say Chewie was being transferred?
10) How many suns are in the Tatooine system?