POP QUIZ: READING YOU FIVE BY FIVE (answers)
Half-hearted congratulations to Marni D and Susan McL, who topped the leaderboard this week by getting half the answers correct, at 5/10. Way to give it half of your all! Seriously, you beat everyone else. Well done.
Given three members of a famous group of five, name the other two. One point per question, you need BOTH missing pieces to score anything.
1) THE RAT PACK: Sinatra, Martin, Davis
2) FIRST CANADIAN PRIME MINISTERS: Macdonald, Mackenzie, Abbot
3) TV’s KEATON FAMILY (SEASON 01): Steven, Elyse, Alex
4) THE JACKSON FIVE (FOUNDING MEMBERS): Michael, Tito, Jermaine
5) THE DIONNE QUINTUPLETS: Yvonne, Annette, Cécile
6) ENID BLYTON’S ‘THE FAMOUS FIVE’ (hint – one is a dog): JULIAN, DICK, TIMMY
7) THE PENTATEUCH: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus
8) THE REAL FIRST NAMES OF THE MARX BROTHERS: Julius, Adolph (Arthur), Herbert
9) LIVING CHILDREN OF GEORGE H.W. BUSH: George W, Jeb, Neil
10) THE MEMBERS OF G-FORCE ON ‘BATTLE OF THE PLANETS’: Mark, Jason, Tiny
1) LAWFORD, BISHOP
2) THOMPSON, BOWELL
3) MALLORY, JENNIFER
4) JACKIE, MARLON
5) ÉMILIE, MARIE
6) GEORGE, ANNE (Timmy was the dog)
7) NUMBERS, DEUTERONOMY
8) LEONARD, MILTON (Chico was Leonard, Harpo was Adolph (but changed his name to Arthur later on), Groucho was Julius, Gummo was Milton and Zeppo was Herbert)
9) MARVIN, DOROTHY (a daughter, Robin, died in 1953)
10) PRINCESS, KEYOP
I watched Battle of The Planets every morning before school for a long time. Absolutely freaked when they revealed that Zoltar was a (gasp!) girl!