POP QUIZ: RED IN THE FACE (answers)
It’a red letter day for both Craig M and Todd McG, who topped the leaderboard with 8/10. Huzzah!
And thanks again to Todd J for inspiring and co-writing this week’s quiz. Next holiday is Easter, Todd… something about bunnies, maybe?
1) Old-Time radio comedian, also a prolific painter of Clown portraits
2) 1964 movie featuring Vincent Price, based on a Poe story
3) Colours in common on the flags of Switzerland, Poland, and Indonesia (hint: one is red)
4) Kurtwood Smith character on That 70’s Show
5) Three Primary colours of light
6) Three Primary colours of paint
7) Australian children’s character, originally played by Murray Cook, now played by Simon Price
8) 2011 Kevin Smith movie featuring John Goodman
9) 1983 live album by U2
10) 1981 novel by Thomas Harris, which spawned three sequels, two film versions (and sequels to those, too) and a TV series
1) RED SKELTON
2) THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH
3) RED & WHITE
4) RED FORMAN
5) RED, GREEN, BLUE
6) RED, YELLOW, BLUE
7) THE RED WIGGLE
8) RED STATE
9) UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY
10) RED DRAGON
I can never keep the primary colours straight. When I was a kid, I was taught that Red, Blue and Yellow combined to make every other colour. This idea that we’ve got more than one set of primary colours, or that maybe they should be called ‘magenta’ instead of red and ‘cyan’ instead of blue… it makes me wish I was back in grade school, finger painting.