POP QUIZ: THE (CARTOON) VOICES IN MY HEAD (answers)
And a big congratulations this week goes to … Tim P! Way to go, bro!
The images are still available for viewing here.
1) LOIS GRIFFIN, FAMILY GUY, ALEX BORSTEIN
2) SYLVESTER THE CAT, LOONY TUNES (accept MERRIE MELODIES), MEL BLANC
3) MALLOY, BRICKLEBERRY, DANIEL TOSH
4) POINTY-HAIRED BOSS, DILBERT, LARRY MILLER
5) ZORN, SON OF ZORN, JASON SUDEIKIS
6) DEUX-DEUX, THE INSPECTOR, PAT HARRINGTON
7) LANA KANE, ARCHER, AISHA TYLER
8) FRED JONES, SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU?, FRANK WELKER
9) CHODE, TRIPPING THE RIFT, STEPHEN ROOT
10) LOUISE BELCHER, BOB’S BURGERS, KRISTEN SCHAAL
Pat Harrington (Schneider on One Day At A Time) actually provided the voices for both the Inspector and his hapless assistant, Deux-Deux in the old “The Inspector” cartoons. The shorts were often paired with Pink Panther cartoons, and the Inspector character was clearly supposed to be Inspector Clouseau from the Pink Panther movies, although he was never actually named in any episode.
Frank Welker is an amazing talent. He originated the voice of Fred jones in the ’69 cartoon, and he continues to provide the voice of the animated Fred in new Scooby cartoons today. He’s also been Slimer in the Ghostbusters cartoons, Dynomutt, Dagwood, Arnold The Pig, Jabberjaw, Baby Kermit and Megatron. He often is called in to do animal noises, like barking or mooing, when real sound effects aren’t quite specific enough. He has an astounding 787 credits on his IMDb page, and he’s on screen for hardly any of them.