POP QUIZ: THE CAT’S OUT OF THE BAG (answers)
Kitty treats this week go to Jen G and Todd McG who each scored a nearly purrfect 9/10. They get fist pick at the sunbeams this afternoon. Well done!
1) Which president owned a cat named Socks?
2) James Qwilleran and his two Siamese cats, Koko and Yum Yum, solve crimes in novels by which author?
LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN
3) Which cartoon feline was “The indisputable leader of the gang. He’s the boss, he’s a pip, he’s the championship”?
4) Which Bond villain habitually stroked a fluffy white cat?
ERNST STAVRO BLOFELD
5) What was the name of the Egyptian goddes of cats (and also joy, dance, music and love)?
BASTET (accept: Bast, Baset)
6) In T.S. Eliot’s “Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats”, who is the oldest and wisest of the Jellicle cats?
7) A cat named Tardar Sauce became an internet celebrity under what pseudonym (much to her annoyance)?
8) What brand of catfood was advertised in commercials featuring an orange tabby cat named Morris?
9) What prominent Canadian has at times owned cats named Stanley, Gipsy and Cheddar?
STEPHEN HARPER (who loves it when I call him ‘prominent’)
10) What unusual feature is shared by the cat breeds Bambino, Lykoi, Donskoy and Ukrainian Levkoy?
THEY ARE HAIRLESS
In the UK, there was a brand of Cat food named “Top Cat”, so for trademark reasons they changed the name of the cartoon to “Boss Cat”. It was listed as “Boss Cat” in programs, and they inserted a title card with “Boss Cat” in the opening credits, but they didn’t change the theme music or any of the dialogue. So everyone called it “Top Cat” anyway.