POP QUIZ: THREE SHALL BE THE NUMBER OF THE COUNTING (answers)
And three cheers this week for Susan McL, who scored a three-off perfect 7/10! Hip Hip etc!
What three letter word is…
1) …a unit of currency in Albania?
2) …an application designed to search automatically for data and compile it for the user?
3) …a plant native to Africa, with leaves which are sometimes chewed as a stimulant drug?
4) …a family of birds known for swimming and diving? The ‘great’ variety is now extinct?
5) …a unit of illumination, defined as a single lumen per metre square?
6) …a baby newt?
7) …a small crumb or scrap of food, a morsel?
8) …a large green parrot?
9) …a slang term for cheating at dice?
10) …an honorific for a monk?
10) DOM or FRA
When I wrote question 10 I completely forgot about “Fra”. I only had “Dom”. It was only when I was reading the quiz back to myself – after posting it and sending out the email – that I realized there was a second legit answer.
“QAT” must by the second most-played Scrabble word, after “Qi”. Damn qs.